POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Smooth triangles? : Re: Smooth triangles? Server Time
5 Aug 2024 16:10:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Smooth triangles?
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 28 Aug 2002 08:39:20
Message: <3d6cc478@news.povray.org>
Seems that it doesn't matter. I thought of some problems
about a year ago which I had when having a go on meshes,
but I guess that had to do with the way I calculated the
normals (pointing in weird directions), rather than the length
of the vectors...
Still, I think it would be best to keep uniform-vectors as surface
vectors. If you'd use subdivision-macros you'll see where
problems could arise... In the truest meaning of sense...
;-)

--
Tim Nikias
Email: Tim### [at] gmxde